Steam the 90inch Engine
Due to the high cost of gas, which runs our boiler, we are unable to steam the Grand Junction ninety inch beam engine every weekend. Instead it now only runs on one weekend of the month.
However, if you are visiting the museum on a Rotative Engines weekend (i.e. the ninety inch engine is NOT running) we are now able to offer you the chance to have a special steaming of the ninety inch engine. Simply purchase this item from our online shop, at least two weeks (14 days) in advance of your planned visit, and we will ensure the Grand Junction ninety inch beam engine is run for the pleasure of you and your friends.
When ordering this item, please tell us the date of your intended visit and the time which you would like the engine to run. The ninety inch engine will typically run at 3.00 p.m. If you wish to change this time, please indicate this to us.
- We reserve the right to cancel any booked runnings of the ninety inch engine, should circumstances beyond our control change.
- 14 days notice is required for all online bookings, which must be paid in full before the date of your desired steaming.
- Only one thirty minute steaming of the ninety inch engine is included in this package.
- Steamings booked on the day of your visit must be booked before 12.00 PM (midday) and incur a £25 surcharge.
- We do not guarantee driver availability without prior notice.