- Published on Thursday, 26 April 2012 13:42
Kew Bridge Steam Museum is looking for people to joint its' Press & Media Relations team, to help the musuem maintain and develop it's links with the press and media; and to promote our forthcoming shows and events.
This role would suit students studying journalism or media and looking to gain experience outside of the newspaper industry to better understand the needs of attractions, such as museums when promoting themselves. Alternatively this role would suit someone with media experience looking to support a charitable cause.
This role will involve:
- Building relations with local media
- Building relations with national specialist media
- Expanding and maintaining our existing media contacts
- Promoting the museum's programme of special events
- Publicising new initiatives/ displays or programmes at the museum
- Working with museum staff and volunteers to respond to requests for pictures from the media as required
- Helping to develop the museum's 12 monthly media strategy
- Helping to maintain our web and social media presences
|Volunteer Job Spot - Press Relations|